How to make a gerund?
We add (ING)
- play = playing
- dance = dancing (notice that we're changing the final (E) in the word dancE for the ING. ending).
- get = getting ( notice that we're writing a double T before the ING.)
- lie = lying (notice that the ending ( IE ) changes to ( Y ) and then we add the ING.)
- We use gerunds after the following verbs.
- (Don't) mind
- I love talking in class.
- They hate listening to Justin Biever.
- He prefers staying at home on the weekends.
- She doesn't mind sharing her ice cream with her pet.
Yes / No questions
Do / Does + subject + base form + gerund + complement
- Do you like watching soccer?
- Does she mind sharing her ice cream?
1. Do you like watching soccer?
- Yes, I do or No, I don't.
2. Does she mind sharing her ice cream?
- No, she doesn't or Yes, she does.
We add a question word................
1. Where do you like watch soccer?
- I like watching soccer at home on my couch.
REMEMBER!!!! There are not short answers in this kind of questions.