Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Simple Present (verb BE)

Ok.......This IS something that you know ( esto es algo q ya  saben)

Simple present whit the verb BE

We have:
-Affirmative sentences
-Negative sentences
-Yes/No questions 
- I nformation question

Affirmative sentenses

SUBJECT + VERB (BE) + COMPLEMENT

I am a teacher.
She is a manager.
We are very good students.

REMEMBER
I = am
You = are
He = is
She = is
It = is
We = are
You = are
They = are

Negative sentences

SUBJECT + VERB (BE) + NOT + COMPLEMENT

You are not so old.                                        You aren't so old.
He is not very tall.                                          He isn't very tall.
They are not my neighbors.                            They aren't my neighbors.
REMEMBER
is not     = isn't
are not   = aren't

Yes/ No questions

VERB (BE) + SUBJECT + COMPLEMENT
Are they your neigbors?
- Yes, they are.
- No, they are not.

Is he at the CBA?
- Yes, he is.
- No, he isn't.


Information questions
We need question words.

What
Where 
When 
Which
Who
How old

QUESTION WORD + VERB (BE) +SUBJECT 

Where are you?
- I am at the CBA.

What is her name?
- Her name is Mary.

How old is he?
- He is 14 years old.

Who are they?
- They are my parents.


MORE EXERCISES............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment